Thursday, January 26, 2012

An End to a Much Anticipated Trilogy

The Nightshade Trilogy has come to an end, to my dismay.
BloodRose by Andrea Cremer begins where the battle left off. Calla and Adne traveled back to Vail, where the rest of the Banes and Nightshades reside, in order to convince Ren, the former Bane Alpha (also the one Calla was originally promised to) to join their team.

In this story Calla is the reigning Alpha leading her pack and the rest of the Searcher troops into battle. Their goal is to help Shay achieve his destiny as the Scion (the holder of the sword and power to destroy the Keeper leader) and to bring peace back among all. Her love for Shay and Ren leaves her with a decision: should she remain loyal to what her pack had originally intended, or should she follow what lead her astray? How can the Scion and a Guardian ever be together?

A great ending to this story! I absolutely fell in love all over again with these books. I immediately added them all to my favorites on Shelfari because I could not stop reading them. The writing is wonderful, the story line's amazing, and the romance makes you wish guys like Shay and Ren actually existed.
The ending was unexpected, but it ended in a way that left the readers content. The expected twists and turns happen, but with a quarter of the book to spare, so I had to hold on anxiously awaiting the true ending and not my fairy tale.
Great series. I am sad to see it end, but it was done perfectly. Not too over the top, not too mushy, I think just the right mix to make everyone enjoy it. I feel like these books are great for adults, although young adults will fall in love too.

No comments:

Post a Comment