Tuesday, November 6, 2012

This Place is the Thing Behind Madness. There is Nothing Good Here

Cas is still heartbroken after losing Anna 6th months ago. She sacrificed herself and was dragged to hell by the Obeahman, the same monster who killed his father. Now, Anna is in his nightmares being tortured and begging Cas to free her. He is convinced that Anna is in a hell she does not deserve, and he needs to go after her.
His best friend, Thomas, understands, but he knows it will not be an easy task. Thomas's grandfather, Cas's' mother, and even their friend, Carmel, know this is a fight not easily won. Everyone says to leave the dead alone; she was a murderer, so she belongs in hell. But Cas won't let the girl he loves rot in a hell designed by the Obeahman. Determined to set things right, Cas and Thomas begin researching ways to get to Anna, and how to bring her back.
A packet from Gideon, his father and mother's close friend, may prove to serve up more secrets and bring about new enemies. Armed and ready to avenge Anna's noble death, Cas will stop at nothing to bring her out and into a world she belongs. Even if it means his death.
Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake is an amazing read! I specifically kept it until October so it would be the perfect Halloween book, and it did not let me down. Just like Anna Dressed in Blood, the writing is so ridiculously good. A few times I had to look at the back cover just to be sure the author was a woman because she does such a great job with Cas's voice. All the characters are likeable and able to relate to in some way. The description is incredible. I absolutely fell in love with these two books! I don't know if there will be a third because of the ending, but I sure hope Blake writes more in the future.
I think at least somewhere down the line there should be a movie made. I could see a Zac Efron playing Cas...not just because of the age, but because I feel like he could do dark, mysterious, and oh so hot. Me thinking of Zac Efron is hot when he is practically my younger brother's age is disgusting, by the way. *Side note: technically he's only two years younger than I am...so I can feel okay oogling him. :p*
But read this book and tell me you don't see a great male lead who is a loner and completely gorgeous?
Read these books. End of story. You want an intense spooky ride with great writing: read these!

No comments:

Post a Comment