Wednesday, October 15, 2014

It Is Impossible To Erase My Choices. Especially These

I read the second in the Divergent series, Insurgent by Veronica Roth, in three days. I am not some crazy reading machine, I promise. This series is just breathtaking. I am in middle of the third as we speak and sometimes it is impossible to put down.

The second novel relays a lot of moving around. Tris and Tobias discover the truth about the government and the reason for Erudite's hostile attempt to kill all the Divergents. The stakes get higher when Tris needs to trust the one person she hates most in order to uncover the truth. There is betrayal from unexpected sources, forgiveness, recovery, and as always survival.

Allegiant is the last in the series. After the truth is uncovered, some will go to great lengths to keep it the same, but there are a few who seek answers- not just the answers provided. The journey takes readers to familiar ground, but for Tris and the Allegiant group, it is hard to swallow the lies they were once fed, and it's even harder to adapt in a world where everything has changed.

The idea behind this novel gives more insight into the "corrupt" government, and I have to be honest the ending to the second book blew my mind. I didn't see it coming, but it makes complete sense. It breaks the mold of the typical dystopian society books because it gives the readers a sense of realism.
Tris is a great heroine- she gains strength, bravery, and most of all she starts to come into her own. And as a nice little *uncontrollable girl giggle* surprise, Tobias becomes a narrator in the 3rd book. Readers see past his stoic front and are introduced to an emotion filled character with more than just sexy tattoos. Tobias is a broken character who, like Tris, needs to begin to realize who they are without a label.
The factions have separated and defined people for so long, but losing that sense of comfort creates new feelings and strengthened senses of loss, betrayal, and fear.

I am obsessed. Great reads, and, although I have not finished the ending, I can guarantee this ending will not disappoint. I mean- you can't have a huge build up and then just let us down, right....RIGHT!?

No comments:

Post a Comment